Position Name: Social Worker
Reports To: Director of Programs
Status: Full Time, Permanent, Exempt
Standard Hours/Week: 35
Salary Range: $56,000 – $61,000
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Social Worker is a direct service position. The primary responsibilities are planning and implementing Connectedly’s exciting new Connect4Health initiative, which aims to connect isolated older adults before discharge from the hospital system to Connectedly’s teletherapy groups. Planning includes rapport building with health system staff, streamlining a referral system, and working with the Director of Programs to develop an evaluation plan. The Social Worker will also oversee client referrals and facilitate phone groups.
Secondary responsibilities include Connectedly’s Healthy Lives program. The Social Worker will coordinate facilitation for community-based and telephone support groups, and contribute to special projects related to direct service provision. They are the primary contact person for these groups, many of which are volunteer-led. Additional responsibilities include outreach for clients and volunteer leaders, intake, case management, follow-up consultation, and leadership training. The Social Worker will implement our peer-driven group model using a trauma-informed, culturally sensitive lens.
As a part of Connectedly’s direct service team, the Social Worker will collaborate closely with our part-time Social Worker. This position is scheduled during Connectedly’s standard operating hours, Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM, with occasional evenings and weekends. Connectedly social workers are encouraged to use all of their clinical skills in a creative way to provide impactful services to our participants. Connectedly provides a calm, collaborative environment so that our direct service team can focus on being outstanding clinicians.
- A hybrid work model
- An employee benefits package
- Professional development support
- Plans and develops group session material.
- Conducts community-based outreach to recruit clients and volunteers.
- Coordinates the logistics to implement community-based and telephone support groups.
- Facilitates community-based support groups at varied locations in the Philadelphia area and telephone support groups according to Connectedly’s program design.
- Provides training and support for volunteer facilitators and peer-leaders.
- Maintains integrity of client record database.
- Monitors the attendance and involvement of all group participants.
- Provides case management for clients when needed.
- Works with the Director of Programs and Direct Service team to implement varied service projects and completes the assigned responsibilities.
- Participates in planning, coordinating and conducting Connectedly’s facilitation training sessions for volunteers and peer leaders.
- Administers an evaluation tool.
- Identifies varied community agencies for client recruitment and group site locations.
- Participates in community events and conferences to promote Connectedly’s services.
- Attends regular group facilitator staff meetings.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Assists in fundraising events as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as need arises.
- MSW with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, LCSW preferred.
- Experience in group work. Knowledge of group process strengths and challenges.
- Preferred knowledge of the aging population and services.
- Ability to interact with varied stakeholders and staff in community settings.
- Excellent communication skills in diverse contexts.
- Availability to travel within Philadelphia.
Connectedly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Connectedly at a Glance
Connectedly (formerly SOWN) was founded in 1984 and was a pioneer in recognizing the critical link between the emotional well-being of older women and their physical health. Connectedly strengthens community support networks, reduces social isolation, and improves the well-being of older adults and their families. Connectedly’s organizational model is one of teamwork, collaboration and the integration of varied points of view for quality service. The team works a hybrid schedule.
Resumes along with a cover letter will be accepted until EOD on March 1, 2024. Email email@example.com.